Before tonight I had NEVER tried laughing cow cheese, but I had read wonderful things about it on the WC board.
After searching through various recipes I found this one from The Rookie Chef. The recipe called for both laughing cow cheese & pesto- sounded amazing and I knew I had to try it!
Hubs and I had his family over for dinner and I decided this would be the perfect dish to serve them.
I did make a few changes to Molly Jean’s recipe- but I did stick with it pretty closely.
Below is Molly Jean’s recipe, my changes are in red.
- 2 chicken breasts I used 8
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese (I used the Herb & Garlic kind, yummy!!)) 1 per each breast, I used 8.
- 2 scoops of pesto 1 scoop per breast, I used 8.
- A little olive oil
- I seasoned the chicken with Adobo & Italian Seasoning
- Wash and dry thawed chicken
- Spread 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on each chicken breast
- Now spread 1 scoop (however much you like) of pesto onto each chicken breast
- Roll up the chicken breast (it should be rolled similar to THIS)
- Secure with a toothpick so that it doesn’t unroll
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the chicken and rub to completely cover
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Roll your chicken around in the breadcrumbs so that the chicken is completely covered
- Place rolled chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking pan and bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes
Next time I make this I think I’ll add more than just 1 wedge per chicken breasts, but thats only because Hubs and I like things uber cheesy 🙂 But overall this chicken was very very yummy and his family commented on how good it tasted.
I served it up with some fettucini alfredo, garlic bread, and a side salad.
Oh- and a big THANK you to the Hubs, who went grocery shopping on his own and brought me back all the right things. Thank you hunnie!!! Great job!! 🙂