Yep…we’re on a roll with ground turkey 🙂 And even more cheese!
Here’s another delicious and nutritious turkey burger recipe that includes one of my favorite foods: Gorgonzola cheese. YUMMM!!!! I may love cheese but I think Gorgonzola is my favorite, such pungent flavor, it’s delicioso!!!! So when I found this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. The original recipe called for making mini-patties but I made regular sized patties instead.
Gorgonzola Turkey Burgers:
Adapted from: Here
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet gherkin pickle (about 2 small) We skipped this
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (1-ounce) dinner rolls We used regular burger buns
- 6 curly leaf lettuce leaves, torn in half
- I added an egg white to help keep the patties together (had a bad experience last time, haha)
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add cheese, stirring with a fork just until combined. *I added the egg in here Divide turkey mixture into 12 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 patties; cook patties until they’re no longer pink & fully cooked (doesn’t take long at all).
Combine mayonnaise, pickle, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Spread about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each roll; top each with 1 turkey patty and 1 piece lettuce. Cover with tops of rolls. Serve immediately.
I also whipped up a small batch of lemon yogurt sauce. 2 tablespoons of non-fat plain yogurt, about 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice and a little pepper. I used this as my “mayo” and also topped my burger with a slice of avocado. YUM!
We paired this with some oven baked french fries and it was one delicious meal!!! It’s in our rotation and I do plan on making them again.
My score? Probably a 4!